Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, shall be praised.

Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

Little Giggles

As frustrating as sewing can be sometimes it is always worth it in the end when you receive such beautiful smiles and precious little giggles as a result of your project. There is something special to know that a little piece of you is in that dress, or blanket or whatever the project is. It is no where near the same feeling of giving a store bought gift. If you have never sewn before I suggest just try something small. A blanket maybe. The sky is the limit for creativity.
It is a forgotten craft that I feel needs to be revived in our culture. We have relied too long on the stores to provide our basic nessecities. Lets take back our ability to stand on our own two feet. It is a great skill to have for no other reason that when you can't find what you are looking for in the stores you can produce it.
Well that is it my plea for women everywhere to pick up the needle and create!

1 comment:

  1. I want you to teach me how to sew! I think the next time the guys get together to play cards we can have a sewing lesson!

    ReplyDelete