In all my planning and organizing there was still one thing that remained to figure out, what are we going to do with all these meeting strips that Cadence will be doing each day? So after much pondering this is what I have come up with.
- I took the master copy of the meeting strips that is in the Saxon Teacher's guide and reformatted on my computer. This way it is just easier to print them out without having to deal with a copier or scanner. As soon as I figure out how to add a document file to the blog I will post it here for you to use.
- Next I cut out each strip to the same size.
- Then I found a scrap piece of wood from my scrap wood pile that was just a little larger than the cut strips and sanded it until it was smooth. Then I used left over spray paint and paint the block of wood.
- Next I placed a meeting strip on the wood and marked where I wanted the holes and nails would be.
- Finally I used 4 small nails (the heads need to be smaller than the hole of a hole punch) and hammered them into the wood were marked. After that I used a hole punch to punch all the strips to match the nail holes.