Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, shall be praised.

Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Making of a Tree

I know it has been ages since the last time I posted, but here I am. I have actually found a way (I hope) to help the blogging process. This big help is using an old camera for just blogging. That way I do not have to sort and weed through pictures every time I want to blog. Some of you out there may say "well why do you need to post picture?" Well, part of it is I am personally a very visual person and so my thinking is that there may be more like me out there.

Ok so on to making The Making of a Tree.......

So for those of you who may not know I enjoy making costumes. I enjoy the challenge and the wide range of creativity that comes with it. So when my 6 year old daughter asks to be a fall oak tree this year I was excited at the opportunity!

So I began researching and found some completely awesome costumes. Here are two:

Now this is a Tree Face

Magic Tree Costume

However, many of the ones I found and really liked as if they would cost an arm and a leg to make. Plus many appeared to be a little restricting in movement and being this is for a 6 year old who will be walking around, I did not feel a full trunk would be a good idea.

So I set out to develop a cheap, light weight nice looking tree costume out of nothing but paper, paint, tape and glue. And these are the result so far:



This is the front view. I was really awesome to watch Cadence's wheels turn as she thought of all the possibilities to enhance her costume.










This is a close up of the bird sitting in the tree. (Cadence has told me it is a robin)











So what would a fall oak tree be without falling leaves? If you look you can see the leaves dangling from the branch.










And finally, what would an oak tree be without acorns? We had so much fun gathering them!









I will try to remember to post the finished product. I will say I am glad to have this part done. With still having a "Felicity" dress to make for a friend's daughter and an ewok to make for my son and with the fair and school on its way in about a week or so, things are going to get pretty busy around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment